[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn-Kota Shaft Seals

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 11 10:27:12 EDT 2017

Greg, the MK RIPTIDE 101 doesn't have that "seal with shield".  It simply uses two identical seals.  My units came with the "weedless wedge" prop and I wonder if that's why they don't have the shield on the outer seal since the wedge is suppose to prevent things getting stuck around it.  The brass bearing is also different on your unit, oval whereas it is a flange bearing on the Riptide 101.
Jon