[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 13 16:37:57 EDT 2017

Jon,
when I did my sub I bought a lot of fittings & adapters from a plumbing merchant
& when I couldn't find it there I went to a hydraulics repair shop. There wasn't anything they couldn't do. Most of the fittings for the ambient system were put together with thread tape.
For stainless I went to .... can't remember!
   On Cliff's project page he has had made up a fitting with a small port in it for
attachment of a smaller compensation hose. This is a tidy way of doing it but was probably expensive to get machined. You may want to do similar but just drill & tap the side of an an existing fitting & fit a small barbed elbow in it. Then pot the wires down to
that point.