[PSUBS-MAILIST] fuse

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 18 23:44:45 EDT 2017

Hi Brian,
the controller should be able to handle stall conditions especially if it came out of
a golf cart. You may want to look up an installation diagram for them. Sometimes
you need a resister in the system to limit inrush current to the controllers capacitors.
Have you got the book " The 12V bible for boats"? I have a copy & several other
Psubbers have recommended it in the past.
You should have a large circuit-breaker/ fuse on the positive lead from your battery
before your main power switch. This will have to take your fullest possible load, i.e. all motors on full power + lights etc on. Then you will have circuit breakers on all your
individual systems like propulsion, lighting, etc.
Alan

Also you don't want a potential short anywhere melting wires.

Sent from my iPad