[PSUBS-MAILIST] Light housing gaskets

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 18 22:28:21 EDT 2017

 Cliff & Alec,just ordering 20 tempered borosilicate lenses at $2-50 each including postage!They will go in the pressure chamber, so I'll know whether I got good value.Just wondering what you guys used as gaskets under the lens.I did have an o-ring under the acrylic lens but are putting a gasket under the glass.I have an o-ring in the bore of the lens housing but would like my gasket to be a secondary seal as well as seat.Alec, with your experience of lenses breaking, I am looking at a suitable thicknessof neoprene or similar for the top gasket that I can compress to half it's thickness when bolting the housing together. This will give me a bit of machining tolerance.see attachmentAlan