[PSUBS-MAILIST] 02 tank

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 20 22:07:58 EDT 2017

Sean,

My welding supplier here on the big island won't fill a scuba tank but a
dive shop here will as long as it's been 02 cleaned so checking with the
manufacturer on the mainland who makes the tanks that say they are "Nitrox"
ready to see if that would apply to 02 as well. If not, I'll have them
cleaned before shipping them here.
The dive shop charges a buck a cu ft to fill and didn't have a problem with
them being aluminum. I have several Large 02 bottles at my welding shop and
was also planning on doing the equalizing thing as well. or getting an 02
transfer pump to stuff the sub bottles if I have to so that both bottles
are completely full before leaving the surface every time.

Rick