[PSUBS-MAILIST] Co2 scrubbers on eBay

Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Apr 23 14:29:43 EDT 2017

Thanks for the detailed data for engineering CO2 removal. It gets you to thinking, likely there are not many people on the planet who share these concerns and expertise.  :-)

72 hours isn't my goal. If there was a potential emergency that would keep me down that long, I'd equalize the interior and do a free ascent. Well, unless I did something exceedingly stupid like drive into a tunnel or get caught in an overhead environment then I'd deserve what happened to me.

My goal is six hours max inside Harold with the potential for a passenger - otherwise it's time to boogie and leave Harold on the bottom. I come at this as a fool who used to build DIY KISS style mixed gas rebreathers.  I've built one canister approach that mimics what Kittredge used in his K600. This eBay score should give me Alec style capacity for a passenger.