[PSUBS-MAILIST] Co2 scrubbers

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 27 22:46:52 EDT 2017

Brian, the diagram below shows the arrangement I have for life support.  I
bring HP (2000 psi) O2 into the Air Management Oxygen Control (AMOC) unit.
The AMOC unit has a pressure reducing regulator that drops the pressure to
about 10 psig.  The O2 this passes into a O2 mass meter/controller when in
Automatic mode or through an adjustable needle valve in manual mode.  There
a manual O2 variable area, float meter to see O2 rate in SLM.  A PLC talks
to the AMOC unit to control O2 supplied into the cabin.  Also in the AMOC
box are all the life support sensors, CO2 concentration, O2 concentration,
Relative Humidity, O2 tank pressure, O2 makeup rate, Cabin temperature and
Cabin pressure.  When O2 concentration drops below 18%, PLC tells the
controller to open and deliver O2 at a rate of 4 SLM.  When the O2
concentration reaches 23% the PLC turns off the controller.  This cycle is
repeat every 30 - 60 minutes depending on the pilot.

Cliff

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <