[PSUBS-MAILIST] launch boat

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 9 21:04:44 EDT 2017

I have been pondering what Alan pointed out, that the boat bounces while the sub sits relatively still.  I have experienced this and it leaves you feeling completely powerless and rather defeated.  The solution is quite simple in my case.  I can cut my steel hull in half and make the front half submersible.  The sunken part of the boat will behave exactly the same as the sub.  The sub can drive over the submerged hull section and the crew (wife) can hit the big red surface button and up comes the sub and hull.  This way I can keep the bow pointy and still have the sub on deck.  I can have an anchor at the stern so the sub approaches upwind into the protection of the boat.
The idea of a submerging garage transporter for Cliff's  R300 makes sense because the transporter will be smoother to land on than a heaving boat or bra or vertical support  apparatus ;-) Hank