[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lifting equipment

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 6 05:17:26 EST 2017

Rather than a roll around A-frame in my restricted work space, I have a fixed hoist built in pieces and assembled in the attic with vertical knee-braced support posts bolted to the floor and a ceiling hatch through which a chain fall can operate. The trailer goes outside. I lift the sub off and set it on a beefy open bottom pallet (wood) which I can then shift around easily with a $300 pallet jack from Harbor Freight. The whole deal cost just a few hundred bucks and does not compromise my floor space at all (beyond the obvious).
Vance