[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Light

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Feb 7 05:43:54 EST 2017

Rick, Cliff & anyone else that's interested.Attached is the latest version of my 80W LED light.In one drawing it shows a larger diameter top retaining ring.This is to enable mounting in to a recess. By using longer bolts thelight can be mounted on a plate at the back.What I like about this design is I only have to do 2 small threads for screwsthat hold in the LED. This will also help avoid bolts seizing in threads.   I am machining a grooved protrusion in the base to key in the rubber compoundfor sealing the wires. Inside the base I will be epoxying the wires.I have gone to an acrylic lens that will be 10mm from the emitter. This is becausethe small flip chip LEDs I am using are cooler out the front. I can back off the powerif 80W is too much for such a small unit.These could be used as navigation lights with lower power. It should be good for over 2000ft.Alan