[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Light

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Feb 7 10:04:01 EST 2017

Alan, looks like you are making great progress on light.  A couple of
comments:
1) If you plan to anodize, then I would chamfer the outside edges (85mm) to
mitigate wear
2) I would use a small Subconn bulkhead connector rather than DIY
penetrator.  These OTS fittings are cheap.
3) double o-ring seals are probably overkill
4) LED panels get very hot.  I worry about the plastic wire cover melting
5) Not showing any clearance for socket head screw heads
6) Not showing any clearance between the acrylic lens and housing
6) You would dramatically improve heat transfer away from unit if you made
the fins thinner.  As designed not sure these fins and shell will dissipate
80W of heat when in the air.
7) As drawn I don't see any space for wire movement for makeup after you
solder the leads and start to assembly the light
8) Don't see any RTD or thermistor for measuring temperature to enable the
driver circuit to protect against overheating when unit is inadvertently
turned on out of the water.

Cliff

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <