[PSUBS-MAILIST] co2 scrubber

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Feb 14 16:56:40 EST 2017

Hank, ABS rules says your scrubber needs to operate for 72 hour past normal
duty on the emergency battery bank.  The issue for me was initially I was
using a strong blower which did great for keeping the CO2 ppm level low but
pulled to much current so that with my 100 Ah emergency battery, I could
not make the full time.  I went back and changed out the blower to one that
pulled less current and was able to meet the requirement and still do a
good job on CO2 concentration..

You might want to do test where you test your emergency battery bank
endurance with the hotel load for current to make sure you meet this
constraint.  Does not have to be a manned test.

Cliff

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:50 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <