[PSUBS-MAILIST] k-250 MBT venting valve.

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jan 27 22:38:00 EST 2017

Hi Philippe,

I used to own a K-250 and must admit the original MBT valve setup was not
at all good. The valves were attached to the CT with screws that went right
through the CT wall and were sealed with nothing but silicone, and as a
result small drips were routine. I came up with my own setup using a valve
stem extender that sealed with O rings, but later saw how Kittredge had
done it in the K-350 valves and that was better still. On my new sub, I've
gone with the K-350 method. The valves on the K-350 are Lance model 22-061,
which are still made, and the attached file shows the through-hull. I used
valves with the same exact body but increased the bore for faster diving.

Best,

Alec

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Philippe Robert via Personal_Submersibles <