[PSUBS-MAILIST] New Generation Inertial Sensors - Twice as Accurate

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 23 15:55:38 EDT 2017

Hi, Alan,

It's been a couple of years since I've explored them, but I do  remember
being impressed with how affordable the products were.  They are  commonly
(I'd guess almost always) interfaced with GPS.  You have a lot of  options for
display, logging, and mapping.  I'd suggest contacting one  of their
distributors to explore what system(s) they would suggest for the size  subs we're
generally dealing with, and mention we would have the units inside  the
pressure hull so we're not concerned with their deep pressure capability  units
which are for ROVs.  Here are some links:
https://www.sbg-systems.com/
https://www.sbg-systems.com/company/distributors
It seems they have distributors in just about every country  except NZ.
They also exhibit at a lot of the marine technology shows  around the world.

Cheers,
Jim

In a message dated 3/23/2017 1:38:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,