[PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 30 07:37:55 EDT 2017

Hi Rick,

LEDs need a driver board to supply them with constant voltage and current,
and Cliff's design includes an on-board PCB, inside the light itself, that
does just that. The heat is dissipated by the housing, which is aluminum
and has cooling grooves. Personally I opted for a larger off the shelf
driver that will go inside the sub, because I didn't have much ability to
solder the surface mount components and didn't have the need to miniaturize
that was one of Cliff's design priorities. There are lots of drivers
available, and I got mine on eBay like so many other components of the sub.
This driver has a heat sink, but I don't expect it to heat up much at all.
See eBay item 302203712954.

Best,

Alec

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 7:24 AM, via Personal_Submersibles <