[PSUBS-MAILIST] rov

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 7 15:10:33 EST 2017

David,
that's great news that things have settled down & you escaped the fire.
Now you will just have the dust from the demolition & a couple of years of
construction to listen to.
   I have just started an online plc programming course with view to buying
a PLC or PAC & HMI. I believe you were going to go down this track & are
trying to keep your build in line with either GL or ABS. You are welcome to
copy what I am doing or collaborate if you want! I am looking at leaving the
programming part till August, but that could change!
I am doing a few things differently. I have had electronic pressure sensors
made up with a fitting compatible with a first stage regulator high pressure port
& am water / pressure proofing them. So no high pressure coming on to
the sub. Also I will be sampling from 3 oxygen sensors as in a rebreather system
to top up the O2 level. James Camerons boat did something similar. I may do
this with the CO2 sensors also. So the system will sample the 2 sensors that
are closest in value to each other & be able to detect a faulty sensor.
Let me know what you are up to in case I can help.
alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Cheers Alan
P.S. get Y to plant the flowers!

Sent from my iPad