[PSUBS-MAILIST] rov

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 7 15:22:11 EST 2017

Hank,
try googling "Fly out rov" or "tether management system" for some
ideas. Here is an example...
http://ac-cess.com/index.php/products/ac-rov-3000/ac-rov-3000-technical-specification
Looks complicated. I would imagine there would be position feedback from
the cable drum motor, & a level wind like on a fishing real, as well as a constant
tension kept on the cable.
I have thought about this as an alternative to a manipulator. You could put
cutters on a gripper so it could cut you free from any entanglement.