[PSUBS-MAILIST] electric manipulator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Nov 30 20:32:40 EST 2017

Alan,Is there way to electronically stop the motor in my actuators?  My mitre saw has a brake, just wondering what thats all about.  I have two functions done on the new arm and the actuator coasts to a stop  witch makes it difficult to control.  The arm is not under load in these early tests.  Maybe when the arm is under load it will be better.  I could put a speed control on the power feed line and the actuators would still be powerful enough.  The actuator is a bit fast but as I said with no load.  I think I will do some weight lifting tests tomorrow.Hank