[PSUBS-MAILIST] electric manipulator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Nov 30 21:05:11 EST 2017

Hank,
I haven't experienced any of my actuators doing that. I am talking about
3 different types & 6 all together. I also have a person hoist with two actuators
on it & it is pretty solid! I have run them without controllers, just
hooking them up to + & - terminals. Would have thought the gearing would
be enough to stop the motor dead once the power was off. Are you
running it off the Lenco controller or just wiring it straight from the batteries
with a switch in between?
Could it have anything to do with the ball bearing system? Have you got
something wrong in the reassembly? In it's application on a boat it should be
rock solid for positioning the trim tab against a fare amount of force.