[PSUBS-MAILIST] Marine trim tab actuator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 5 00:05:07 EDT 2017

Brian,
can't remember off hand but I don't recall them being able to be
submersed too far. They are regarded as waterproof!
We had a good look at the Lenco trim tab actuator a number of
years ago, with Frank giving a talk on electric linear actuators at a
Psub conference.
I fibreglassed over one & oil compensated it. I was going to mount a rubber
boot over the piston, but gave up on it.
Hank is looking at making up his own compensated actuator for
an electric manipulator. ( hope that wasn't a secret Hank)