[PSUBS-MAILIST] Marine trim tab actuator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 5 05:49:23 EDT 2017

 Most electric actuators are ip65 or ip66, so they can be sprayed with water.  You can get ip69 rated so they can be submerged is all.  I am making a version that can handle 500 feet without extra compensating.  The actuators will be under a constant internal pressure all the time.  The internal pressure is not to prevent leakage but rather to reinforce the light body.  I will put one in my chamber and see if the internal pressure is actually needed.  I am just planning ahead and expect to add air.Hank