[PSUBS-MAILIST] Marine trim tab actuator

Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 5 07:01:25 EDT 2017

I bought a couple of cheap ones to play with and they got me thinking. Internally I'm contemplating one on the variable ballast tank lever so I  won't have reach back behind the seat to open/close. It works currently in a low tech way, but I have to get off the seat and crouch down, giving a less than ideal view of when the boat has completely submerged.

Externally I'm thinking something on the rear thruster, getting rid of all the linkage that runs forward to the foot bar. Could be directly attached to the motor housing or maybe a cable, like a motorcycle brake cable, attached to a pivoting bar where the eMotor is enclosed and just an o-ring sealed shaft poking out to lever it.

Things to muse upon.