[PSUBS-MAILIST] k-250 building questions

Philippe Robert via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Sep 5 20:56:30 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I undertook the construction of a k-250 submarine. I have most of the metal
components to make the pressure hull. I have some questions about
batteries, MBT and acrylics dome.

-Is it a good idea to use deep cycle lead-acid battery inside the pressure
hull ? I read on old psubs mailing list to open the hatch when the
batteries is charging. (h2)?

-Do you think that the MBT can be replace by steel saddle tanks ? I have no
idea how to make the original one and if I can upgrade the original MBT it
will be great.

-I try to find someone to make my acrylic dome with some experience in
submarine dome forming.

-I live in Quebec, Canada. So, if you know k-250 owner near New Hamphire,
Vermont or Main it will be great if I can take a look on the sub. An hour
or two, I do not want to disturb the owner.

tanks

Philippe

phelop at gmail.com