[PSUBS-MAILIST] External K250 stiffeners?

Daniel Lance via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Sep 8 14:58:34 EDT 2017

Ian,
When I build another sub I will definately put the stiffeners on the
outside . Yes , there is more welding involved ( they must have full
penetration welds ) . But with the hull on a set of rollers you can do all
the welding standing up instead of crawling around on your hands and knees
in a cramped space .
Dan Lance

On Sep 7, 2017 2:50 PM, "irox via Personal_Submersibles" <

Hi

keeping the K250 stiffen questions momentum going.

I'm restore-modding a early K250 (more like the last of VAST MK3s sold as a
K250 after VAST and Kittredge parted ways).  One change I'm considering
fitting external stiffeners to replace the internal stiffing/ballast tank
structure.

Also, if I was building from scratch I would be making the same
consideration.

Anybody else thinking about this or have thoughts about this?

Thanks,
  Ian.