[PSUBS-MAILIST] External K250 stiffeners?

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Sep 7 16:09:04 EDT 2017

 Hmmm, I am not sure if I would do external stiffeners if building from scratch.   External stiffeners require full penetration welds all the way around.  If your building from scratch, you would simply increase the diameter to achieve the space requirement.  External stiffeners on a sub means you need cowling.  Gamma has two rings inside that are solid 1 inch thick and they are not in the way at all but the hull is 1\2 inch and 41 inch ID.  That 41 inch ID is the key.Hank