[PSUBS-MAILIST] 36v thruster - rebuild or replace with 12v?

Graham Bayliss via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Sep 22 17:46:19 EDT 2017

Hi

Ref  36 volt motor I am using a motor which is powered by thirty six volts in Casper 2 the motor is a Agni 95 and are available on the inter net.

This motor is very powerful and drives my sub I would recommend you look at this motor as it is compact only eight inches across and five inches in depth  I would recommend you take a look/

Regards

Graham Bayliss

From: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles
Sent: 22 September 2017 16:32
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 36v thruster - rebuild or replace with 12v?

If I had to do a complete replacement I would use trolling motors, and definitely 36 volt instead of 12. It's only a third the current for the same power, which makes a big difference in lots of good ways. But your case is special, because you already have the hard cans, props, linkages, and through-hulls. If you put in trolling motors you'd also have to do things like air or oil compensate them, probably get new through-hulls, etc. So given the bird in hand, it's probably worth just looking around for a new motor that can fit in the existing can, or have the old one fixed.

Best,

Alec