[PSUBS-MAILIST] vertical thruster orientation

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 9 20:34:05 EDT 2018

For those of you using fixed thrusters for vertical diving and ascent, I am curious if you orient the normally "forward" thrust to propel your vessel upwards or downwards.  My assumption is that there is less thrust produced in the "reverse" direction of a minn-kota than the "forward" direction.  I have been thinking that I probably want to orient my motors to produce maximum thrust for surfacing rather than diving, but not sure it matters.  Opinions?
Jon