[PSUBS-MAILIST] vertical thruster orientation

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 9 22:23:56 EDT 2018

Hi Jon,

There is indeed much less thrust in reverse, plus my latest props that are
supposedly more efficient also make a bothersome noise when reversed. I'd
hate to run the thrusters in reverse the whole time during a dive. I orient
them so they push the sub down, and dive slightly buoyant. That has two
advantages. The prop wash is directed away from the bottom, so you don't
ruin visibility. And if something malfunctions, the sub surfaces as a
fail-safe.

Best,
Alec

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 8:35 PM Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <