[PSUBS-MAILIST] vertical thruster orientation

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 10 16:27:59 EDT 2018

Thanks for the feedback folks.  The issues of bearing wear and running in reverse mode to control a positively buoyant sub is well taken.  I was thinking more about potential entanglement and having maximum forward thrust available to help push to the surface if necessary.  I will have to think about this some more.

Although I was intent on fixing the thrusters permanently for simplicity it looks like I do have the option to retain the original rotating configuration and maybe that would give me the option to position them for multipurpose use.  If I take this route I plan on utilizing the SNOOPY approach of locking them down rather than having to hold onto them.

Jon