[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vesc motor temperature display

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Dec 28 00:01:37 EST 2018

Steve,
if you are listening in.
I have pool tested my 6374 thruster & have it nearly ready for testing
on the back of an inflatable.
There are 2 android apps that I downloaded, "esc monitor" & "Vesc monitor,
neither display motor temperature which is the main condition I want to see.
The "Vesc tool" app for androids requires an expensive dongle that will take
ages to get here.
Any ideas on the easiest way to monitor my motor temperature?
I have hall sensors, so power from the Vesc is supplying the temperature
& hall sensors. Have a couple of arduinos & a raspberry pi sitting around
if they can be used.
Dead keen to have a holiday out on the water towing a lure around but
stuck at home till I sought this out.
Cheers Alan