[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED lights

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 1 17:18:45 EST 2018

Hank,
I fabricated an aluminum housing for my prototype using 2 1/2" sched 40
pipe with a heat resistant 1/8" thick lens and a blue globe fitting in the
back and oil filled it. The 10,000 luman array is 1 1/2" square and costs
$3.00 each but puts out an enormus amount of heat and is about 100 watts
each and I apparently have to knock down the voltage from 36 to about 30 to
34 volts or they fry. I want to use three lights facing forward, one on
each side in the middle and one light aft and so that's a lot of watts
sucking off my thruster bank and am having a hard time finding a pwm to dim
them and keep them from seeing 36v.
Rick

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:33 AM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <