[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dry Ambient Sub

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Feb 17 13:41:18 EST 2018

Hi Tarek,
no diagrams came out in my email.
I would do a full size model of what you intend & get in &
make sure the space works. Especially if you intend to have a
diver exit in the bottom. Can you get out comfortably with scuba
tanks! Also as you go out the diver exit the sub becomes lighter
to the extent of the weight of yourself & your dive gear.
Tim's ambient sports sub has a system for adjusting this loss of
weight by letting in more water. I am not sure how this works but
if you adopted it you would need to allow for a volume of water to
come in to the bottom hatchway of the sub. And of course the oposite
is true when you re-enter.
If you have problems with stability when diving you could always add
syntactic foam up high & more lead down low to counteract it.
Have you had a look at Cliff's R300 on the projects page, as the hull
seems a similar size.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad