[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ammeter / PLC Question

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jan 23 12:04:58 EST 2018

Thanks Jon,
I am taking a different tack in my thinking as I am going to use lithium
batteries that require a battery management system (bms). These read
Volts, amps & some measure heat. I am now looking for a 36V bms that does
these three & has a data transfer system that will be compatible with
any of the standard inputs on a plc. I may buy shunts for the individual
thrusters but then again most motor controllers monitor amps & it may be
a matter of using controllers that give me feed back on this.
My focus has been on buying the plc but am now finding I need to think
through & finalise my electrical system in detail first.
Have a talented electronics friend who had worked for Allen Bradley in the
90s. He is telling me to go with raspberry over a plc.
How is your automation & monitoring system going?