[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lake quality sensors

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 15 05:54:08 EDT 2018

Great video Jon.
You look like you are doing the same as me, taking the long route &
building everything.
I don't know how critical the potting is in this case but I once potted
wires out of a linear actuator like you did, then filled the actuator up
with WD40. It just ran out between the pvc & resin like magic with no
pressure at all applied.
On my light build I stripped a section of the wire that went through the epoxy,
epoxied it & then went over the outside of the fitting & wiring with a 3M
2 part heat activated pvc glue. I went an inch up the wiring with this as
this is how I noted they did it with vulcanising on underwater connectors.
I experimented with all sorts of glues & then went to an inflatable boat
manufacturer who put me on to the 3M product. Over this I moulded
polyeurathane, but mainly as strain relief & aesthetics. It tested ok to 2000ft.
BTW Blue Robotics are selling temperature sensors for about $50-
https://www.bluerobotics.com/store/electronics/celsius-sensor-r1/
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad