[PSUBS-MAILIST] dissolving foam

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 29 19:08:39 EDT 2018

Hank,
I formed my ballast tank out of polystyrene, fibreglassed over the top
& dissolved the polystyrene out with petrol. Petrol being cheaper than acetone.
It dissolved it to a sloppy consistency that you could scrape out, but left
a hard shell of plastic in places. Maybe check a sample out to see how it dissolves
with  petrol & acetone.