[PSUBS-MAILIST] FW: Casper 2

graham bayliss via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 31 05:48:07 EDT 2018

Hi

my name is Graham Bayliss I  have been building Casper 2 for many years and
now find my self frustrated by science I have craned my sub into the water
three time only to be frustrated by buoyancy problems I have redesigned my
battery tubes to carry more batteries. this has meant they are very buoyant
and being on the bottom my boat they tend to want to turn her on her side.
My housings measure six feet long by fourteen inches I can not calculate how
much weight I need to make these negative buoyancy I have three leisure
batteries in each housing plus one hundred and fifty pound of lead on top.
this does not counteract the upforce which each housing is subjecting my sub
to. I am lost as to how I can over come my problem  as  she is determined to
roll . can some one help me please.

regards

Graham

Pictures  of Casper 2 being built are on the site if you need to look at
what I have built.