[PSUBS-MAILIST] reversing an electric motor

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 9 16:00:57 EST 2018

Rick,
Kelly controllers are cheaper than most & have a big range of
controllers.
The ones I bought have reversing, ( for a bldc motor)  but you need to check
this out. Some have the option of a joystick input. I think they may even
sell compatible foot pedals.
If you tell them what you want, they will recommend the right sized controller
that can accept the type of input you want. Generally they will recommend a
controller twice the rating of your motor ie if you are drawing 50amps continually
they will recommend a controller for twice that.
Be warned, there are all sorts of programmable parameters & wires coming out
that you don't need. You might feel better with something really basic.
 http://kellycontroller.com/
There is a popular american brand of controller, Curtis.
http://curtisinstruments.com/