[PSUBS-MAILIST] regulator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 15 11:50:57 EDT 2018

Cliff,When you dove R-300 to 150 feet with your new regulator setup, did you do a rapid ascent to see if the regulator could dump the over pressure air and keep up.  I have a regulator for my arm on the way that is the same type as yours, but I have been thinking about the speed it can dump air.  With the trolling motors it is not so critical because the seal will act as a relief valve.  In the case of my actuators, the o-ring seals are very good.  I expect it could cause a problem if the regulator can't keep up.  Do you think I should instal a relief valve?  I have a small relief valve from a compressor tank that could be modified for the task.  By the way, you should be proud of me, I am installing a speed control on my vertical thrusters.  Another electric part that could fail LOL.Hank