[PSUBS-MAILIST] regulator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 15 15:55:47 EDT 2018

Hank,
my two pennies worth... On a video I saw of Cliff ascending using the
new set up, there was a lot of air coming out, & I believe he has all 4 thrusters
compensated off the one relieving regulator. There would be quite a lot
more air volume in his thrusters than in your manipulator.
I am not sure what pressure the relieving part of the regulator is set to
above the setting of the regulator. You could change the relieving regulator
spring to change this. You could also set up an experiment to see what
volume of air you could send through the orifice of the relieving part at
certain pressures. Block the inlet port of the regulator & put pressure in to
the outlet port so it goes out the relieving orifice. Alternatively If you knew
the diameter of the relieving orifice someone like Hugh could probably tell
you what volume would flow out at various pressures.
Also with your deeper diving the air's volume change is less the deeper
you go & most in the last 33ft of your ascent, so just do calculations based
on the volume doubling over the last 33ft.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad