[PSUBS-MAILIST] 36vdc charger

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 28 17:43:23 EDT 2018

I use a Zivan NG3 Onboard battery charger.  I have a 36VDC battery bank
made up of 9 batteries organized with three sets 12 vDC batteries in series
for 36V and each of the sets in parallel.

See code F7 CR. for model number for 36V bank.  Charge rate is 60 amps.
The time to recharge depends on SOC.  After typical dive day, I let it
charge overnight.  This charger is good for psubs in that it understands
our boats stay in the shop a lot and only need trickle charge for long
periods of time to keep from killing batteries.

I have this charger installed permanently in the boat.  Has a remote sensor
that lets you see how the charge is coming along.

Cliff

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <