[PSUBS-MAILIST] 36vdc charger

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 28 17:55:48 EDT 2018

Hi Jon,

I agonized over this one myself. I have 12 batteries in two 36V banks, and
it would be completely impractical for me to reconnect batteries to make
any other voltage. I ended up getting an Eagle Performance Model 3625OBU,
which puts out 25 amps. It's a monster, it probably weighs 30 lbs or so. It
works all right, and has settings for AGM as well as digital smarts for
adjusting the charge rate. But having said that, my 12V charger was
infinitely superior (way more compact, and charged two banks simultaneously
at different voltages). I think you'll see some 36V choices if you use
keywords "golf cart" and "forklift" when searching chargers.

Best,
Alec

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 3:38 PM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <