[PSUBS-MAILIST] Press Fit

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 29 07:28:35 EDT 2018

 Alan,The problem with your plan is, you will move your piece that your machining when you try to push the bearing in.  Hank
    On Thursday, March 29, 2018, 4:09:52 AM MDT, emile via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hi Alan,

Press fit is good for a durable bearing construction.
Force is not leading, you're to late when the force is too high... You can
find in a bearing handbook how much the diameter difference should be.
Is about 0,02 to 0,03 mm  for small /medium bearings.
Loctite 638 or 603 is a alternative.

Br, Emile