[PSUBS-MAILIST] Press Fit

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 29 09:43:42 EDT 2018

Hank,
not sure what you are meaning.
The piece ( front section of thruster) is held in the jaws.
I can hand hold the bearing in place & wind in the tail stock until the tool
in the tailstock engages the bearing. I then let go & continue winding the
tail stock. If I can't press the bearing in with the tail stock I back it off
& machine a bit more out of the bore & repeat the process.