[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster Test Jig

emile via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue May 15 09:42:58 EDT 2018

All,

I build a test rig from a 1000 Liter IBC container. Cost just 40,- USD . See picture. Amps and RPM are monitored with the PC.

Despite the capacity men can test just for a few seconds at full throttle ( abt. 37 Kgf) After that the thrust goes down due the turbulence.

A pool would be better but any testing at home saves trouble when you are at the lake ;-)

Br, Emile