[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster Test Jig

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue May 15 16:32:23 EDT 2018

Thanks Cliff,
I couldn't download the zip but you have given me some ideas from
what you have said.
I might just put a removable pin in & remove the vertical section to change
the propellers. Most of the propellers have different shaft sizes so will
probably take the vertical unit back to the workshop to remove press fitted
sleeves.
The extension ladder can be retracted back to get at the test unit.
Have a 48V rectifier so can keep this running day & night.
I am initially testing the small 6374 60kv brushless motors as I had some good
results previously. Steve from Australia is playing around with the same motor
& Vesc motor controller. You can supposedly extract the rpm, amp draw, Voltage
& motor temperature from the esc, & I have a guy working on that.
The main thing I am looking at is getting good efficiency with this small direct
drive thruster, & avoiding a gear box.
Will keep you up with the play.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad