[PSUBS-MAILIST] DSV Aquatic update

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 24 09:45:58 EDT 2018

Hi Alan,
I did not model after anything specific although graphically it does try to replicate military aircraft displays.  Due to limited screen "real estate" it was important to layer information based upon importance.  Those things that I consider essential information appears on the initial display...depth, duration, heading, warnings, and access to engines.  You'll note that depth, duration, and warnings are always displayed regardless of what other information is being displayed.  Graphics is a matter of personal preference.  I do like Cliff's display as well.
What I really like about the Raspberry PI is that you have a full Linux OS at your disposal so logging data is easy and accessing the OS via ftp, vnc, or wifi with the latest versions, is all possible.  The wifi capability with VNC means I can even access and control the display with my phone.  On the surface at least, a support team could use their own phones to log into the SCM and monitor my submarine systems.  Just a lot of neat stuff that can be done.