[PSUBS-MAILIST] DSV Aquatic update

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 24 10:53:04 EDT 2018

Nice work Jon. I like the HMI.  Just as a comparison,  I use on my boat via
PLC 54 channels:

Analog input 21
RTD inputs 2
Digital input 10
RS-232 INPUT 3
Analog Output 6
Digital Output 12

PCBs look good.  I also use PCB Express.  They have always done a good job
on boards for me.

OAS

Have you ever done any work with CANBUS (Control Area Network Bus?  This is
distributed communication network and protocol used on all modern cars for
ECU (Electrical Control Units) to talk with each other.  Driver is system
robustness and minimizing thick cable harnesses.  Always though it would be
interesting to set up a psub using CANBUS.

Cliff

*54*

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <