[PSUBS-MAILIST] eRe: Alan's new motor

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 3 17:08:37 EDT 2018

Hank,
I have the wires running out of the motor through the tube that the
oil comes in through. At a point in that line I have a T where the wires
are epoxied & run without the tubing to the through hull, and the tubing
continues on to the oil compensator. The compensator has a low oil
level switch, so there should always be oil in the line.
There is increasing ambient pressure going in to the housing as you
dive, so not sure how you would relieve that on ascent with some sort
of oil trap! But I am not sure what idea you have.
I am stuck on an Island for 3 weeks looking after a dog & cat then my
other daughter is flying in & stealing my car, so won't be
making any rapid progress on this :(.
Alan