[PSUBS-MAILIST] electronic question,

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 15 18:19:30 EDT 2018

Hi All,I am planning to buy one OTS unit for Gamma so I can talk to another sub, but I intend to sort out my existing radio troubles.  My radio in the sub sent a signal to my surface radio and they could hear me perfectly at 225 feet with super bad turbidity and debris in the water.  When the surface radio sent a message to the sub, the sub radio was clear but very faint.  Is it possible that the surface radio did not have sufficient current to power it.  The surface radio uses a 12 to 24 v power converter and Gamma feeds its radio off a huge 24v bank.  Does the radio take more power to transmit than to receive, if so that might be my problem.  Maybe winter will wait for me to test this theory.Hank