[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Sep 4 08:52:12 EDT 2018

Hank, you need to spend the day in one covering surface operations on 4 foot waves.  I can tell you that it was not at all comfortable on the north side of the lake when we were using a 10 foot inflatable.  Even the previous day when we launched on the west side of the lake and the waves were not as large, it was still difficult transferring in/out of the  small inflatable.  I understand it is practical in terms of transportation on the road but in my opinion, on the water it becomes very impractical with seas over a foot or so.  It's weaknesses in being lightweight are illustrated pretty well on a windy day.
Jon